Circumstances change throughout our lives. Remember that at any time you may make changes or updates to your Advance Directive. Revisit your Advance Directive when any of the Six D’s occur.
- Decade – when you enter a new decade of your life.
- Death – you experience the death of someone you love.
- Divorce – your Health Care Agent is your spouse or partner and your relationship ends. A new Health Care Agent should be identified.
- Diagnosis – you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
- Discharge – you are discharged from a hospital stay
- Decline – your illness gets worse.